The importance of AI in ecommerce cannot be overstated. Ecommerce AI tools are changing the game, and if you’re not incorporating them into your business, you could be lagging behind and missing a huge opportunity.
In the following guide, we’ll look at some of the best ecommerce AI tools and solutions and see how they can improve sales and the general customer experience.
1. Improving Customer Service One of the main benefits of artificial intelligence in ecommerce concerns the use of chatbots. These automated customer support agents use machine learning to answer customer queries.
It’s one of the simplest and most impactful uses of AI for ecommerce brands, as it negates the need for full- or part-time support agents. A well-programmed AI-based ecommerce chatbot will handle most customers automatically. Of course, we must scale the rest of the questions appropriately, so that no customer is left unattended.
2. After Sales Support Post-sales support has linear processes that are easy to manage with AI. It allows the user to conveniently exchange and return goods, get software or manuals for a product or create support requests. This saves resources and improves service and is an area that shows the implications of artificial intelligence in ecommerce for a successful business strategy.
3. Detect Fake Reviews AI in ecommerce is already being used to filter out fake reviews. It’s a key part of AI growth ecommerce, as fake reviews can harm a brand’s reputation and reduce the legitimacy of its product offering.
We’re already seeing these methods being employed by massive sites like Amazon, probably the world’s biggest user and promoter of both artificial intelligence and ecommerce.
4. Voice Applications
On the subject of Amazon, some of the most promising uses of AI for ecommerce brands concern voice technology like Amazon’s Alexa. Not only do companies need to think about voice SEO, but they can also use these technologies to give customers instructions regarding how to use their products and how to deal with any issues that arise.
This technology is still in its infancy, but as more homeowners buy Amazon Alexa/Google Assistant devices and utilise smart voice tech on their phones, it will play a bigger role in our lives.
5. Data and Customer Safety AI growth ecommerce is important, but a company can’t grow without consideration for security and user privacy. When looking at artificial intelligence and ecommerce, therefore, it’s important to think about how your customers are protected.
Artificial Intelligence can help brands to protect themselves against brute force attacks, detect data breaches, and ensure that risks are dealt with promptly.
6. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality AI solutions for ecommerce include exciting uses of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). As things stand, many of these technologies are expensive and difficult to implement but, as with smart voice tech, that is expected to change significantly in the next decade.
Companies can place their products on virtual shelves and let customers browse using virtual reality headsets.
There are also existing technologies that let customers “try on” watches, jewellery, and even clothing using their smartphones.
7. Automated logistics Artificial intelligence does not only appear in online shops but also in warehouses and distribution centres. The use of this technology in e-commerce logistics helps to improve and simplify the storage and categorisation of products.
Furthermore, through geolocation data, AI can optimise shipments, speed them up and keep costs down.
How is AI Changing Ecommerce? So, how is AI changing ecommerce? Well, the benefits of artificial intelligence in ecommerce are clear to see. It’s changing the way that brands research new products and target new customers, and it’s creating better opportunities for everyone.
If you want to ensure your brand is prepared for the upcoming technological revolution, keep the above ecommerce AI solutions in mind.